How do we register?
• Registration will be on-line only at bgccornwallsdg.recdesk.com
• Spaces are very limited and will be filled on a first-come/first-serve basis and a waitlist is available for each week. We recommend putting your child’s name on the waitlist as spaces may become available.
• If online registration is a barrier for you, please contact us by phone 613-935-9015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If we register on-line, how do we know that you have received it?
On-line registrations will receive an automatic confirmation email shortly after completion.
How many weeks can we register?
You may register for just 1 week or up to 8 weeks. Full weeks only (there is no daily rate).
Is subsidy available?
Yes, all our Summer Camps are eligible for the Child Care Fee Subsidy, administered by the City of Cornwall, which is a program that helps eligible families pay for child care costs at licensed programs within Cornwall and United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry. Limited child care fee subsidy is available for children from birth to 12 years who need to be in a child care program because parents are working, attending school, training or participating in upgrading skill courses. For more information: https://www.cornwall.ca/en/live-here/child-care-fee-subsidy.aspx
Step 1: Register online (see above #1, 2, and 3) for the location and weeks you would like.
Step 2: Choose “City of Cornwall Subsidy” from the drop-down menu at Checkout and secure your space with a deposit of $50/week (refundable, if approved).
Step 3: Complete the application for subsidy https://cornwall.formbuilder.ca/English-Forms/Application-for-Child-Care-Fee-Subsidy and indicate that you have secured a space at Boys & Girls Club.
Step 4: Your application will be reviewed and you will receive a letter of confirmation from the City. For more information, you may contact the Child Care Division by phone 613-933-6282 ext 3315.
Step 5: Once your application has been approved, our Finance Department will connect with you to refund your $50/week deposit and/or arrange payment of the balance.
To secure your space at BGC Summer Camp, complete your registration for online as usual. Due to the unusual circumstances this year, registration is only available online. You will need to pay the deposit of 1 week’s camp fee, but if you qualify for the Child Care Fee Subsidy, it will be refunded back to your credit card.
What methods of payment to you accept?
Payments will be accepted by credit card with your on-line registration.
Option 1: Pay in full at Check Out. A receipt will be emailed to you.
Option 2: Pay a deposit of $50 per week at Check Out. With this option, you must save your credit card information to your profile so the balance can be charged.
What is your refund policy?
Registration for our programs may be cancelled by e-mailing email@example.com for a refund up to 14 days prior to the beginning of the program minus the $50 non-refundable deposit per child per week registered. Refunds will not be issued with less than 14 days’ notice.
Summer Programs - COVID-19 Refund Policy
With the possibility of camps being suspended or cancelled during the COVID-19 pandemic, the following refund guidelines apply:
● Attendees will receive a full refund for any camp week that is not provided due to provincial or public health prohibitions.
● Attendees will receive a partial refund for any camp day(s) that is not provided due to provincial or public health prohibitions. The partial refund will be provided for days not yet attended.
For a refund, due to public health prohibitions, we require a written request sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All refunds (less nonrefundable deposit) will be distributed in the form of a credit to the Credit Card used for payment. Refunds will be processed as soon as possible after the camp cancellation.
Refunds will be distributed as soon as possible after the camp cancellation.
Do you offer any discounts for siblings or early registration?
With limited spaces available, no discounts will be offered at this time.
What types of programs/activities will my child(ren) do when they are at camp?
Programming will look a little different this summer. Each week includes a fun interactive theme. Our staff are hard at work planning activities and programs that promote physical distancing, while maintaining the fun. Indoor and outdoor play, crafts, science experiments, water fun and more. This year, there will be no field trips or any out trips that require transportation.
What should my child bring to camp each day?
A mask, peanut-free lunch and plenty of healthy snacks, running shoes, re-fillable water bottle, hat, sunscreen, towel, and swimsuit. For the Benson Centre camp, ice skates are recommended and a helmet is required for skating. Children will be required to apply their own sunscreen before going outdoors
What should my child NOT bring to camp each day?
We do not allow members to bring electronic devices, cell phones, toys or extra items. We are not responsible for stolen toys, money or other items brought to camp. We will not have access to the vending machines at the Benson Centre.
What will drop off procedures be?
• Daily Health Screening will be conducted in accordance with Public Health directives. All parents/guardians will be required to complete a thorough screening for their child(ren) each morning at drop off. Please be prepared as this will take extra time each morning. Parents/guardians are asked to print and complete screening questionnaire each day prior to arriving at camp to speed up drop off routine. Upon arriving at camp, the completed screening form can be given to the screening team, and they will check your child’s temperature.
• We will be screening all individuals before entrance into facilities/areas where programs are running. This includes staff, children, and essential visitors.
• At drop off, health screening will occur outside the premises or in an indoor designated area. Entrance to the program is ONLY allowed upon passing health screening.
• Parents/Guardians are not allowed to enter the program area/premises, except under exceptional circumstances.
• No visitors or any non-essential individuals are allowed into our program space.
What time can I drop off my child?
Drop off for all camps must be done between the hours of 8:00am-9:30am. After this point, staff will not be available to screen and sign in children. The doors will remain locked at all times. No extended care is available. Camp drop off is no earlier than 8:00 am. Pick up is no later than 5:00 pm.
What will pick up procedures look like?
Parents and Guardians cannot enter the program space, as such, our staff will escort your child to the door to meet you.
What other safety precautions have you taken/put in place?
We have put the following procedures and precautions in place to ensure the safety of all children and staff:
• Children and staff are constantly monitored throughout the day for signs of ill health
• If children display signs of ill health during the day, appropriate isolation and disinfecting protocols will immediately take place.
• All staff and children will be required to wear specified PPE as per Ministry guidelines
• Staff are trained in all health and safety protocols, including awareness of typical and atypical signs of COVID-19.
• Staff provide orientation to children on proper hand washing and personal hygiene safe practices.
• Cleaning and disinfecting routines will take place multiple times a day in all building common areas, surfaces, and play equipment. This will include all high touch points (door knobs, light switches, counter/table tops, chairs etc).
• Physical distancing requirements (at least 2 meters/6 feet) are practiced in the use and movement between common work areas.
• Appropriate floor and wall signage is in place to remind and guide physical distancing.
My child has allergies, is there anything different he/she may need to do?
Please make us aware of your child’s allergy by noting in the designated area on our online registration form. If your child has an anaphylactic allergy, please also complete the Anaphylaxis Allergy Form.
My child has special needs or medical requirements, are there other forms?
We want your child to have the best possible experience in our program. Please provide details to help us work with your child. If your child has any special needs, whether physical, learning, behavioral, or medical, please complete a Safety Plan. Depending on the needs of your child, our Program Manager may meet with you to ensure we have all the necessary information.
If any medication needs to be administered during program hours, please complete the Medication Disbursement Form
If your child has diabetes please complete the Diabetes Management Sheet.
Please note that we are a peanut and nut free facility.
For any other questions or if you require assistance with on-line registration please contact our main 506 Clubhouse at 613-935-9015 or by email at email@example.com